Keepin' Up With the Tidwells

Friday, December 13, 2013

Wishlists....

A friend and I had planned to run up to Mobile this week to squeeze in some Christmas shopping.  Mobile offers more store options compared to our little Pensacola area.  I tell Fletcher Okinawa scored a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10 in shopping grades and he moved me to Pensacola and bumped us to a whopping 2.5 (the .5 added solely because of the Target).  Can a girl get an Anthropologie or even a Gap?  For crying out loud!  But back to my point....as I walked Beau into his classroom on Wednesday, I mentioned that I was heading to Mobile to do some shopping and asked if he needed anything.  He responds (with his teacher standing next to me) that he would like a warm hat to wear since it's gotten "so" cold.  I can do that.  Granted we've lived in a tropical climate the last 3 years, so 55 degrees outside does feel pretty chilly.  Then he preceded to tell me not to get it from the Lost and Found, but he wants it bought from a store.  Can I just start with a disclaimer that I have never walked into the lost & found at his school (or any other place for that matter) and taken an article of clothing for either of my boys.  Why on earth would that come out of his mouth?  And while we're at it, why does there have to be an audience when comments like this are made?  I felt the need to plead my case to Mrs. Kelley in my defense.  In the one in a trillion chance that she happens to ever come across our blog....Mrs. Kelley, I promise I buy my children's clothing and accessories at a store.  And I have never raided the school lost & found....however, that may not be such a bad idea for future reference. :)  Here's Beau looking too-cute-for-words in his new hat.  He has since upped his request to a warm hat with a ball on the top.  For that I may go to the lost & found.

1 comment:

  1. That's priceless! You just never know what kids are going to say! So glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete