Keepin' Up With the Tidwells

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

7 is Heaven!!!

I'm a day late (and a dollar short, I guess) with this post, but in my defense we are in the middle of Christmas!  Excused tardy....I just excused myself. :)  Our precious Bennett turned 7 yesterday and I'm in absolute shock that this child can be this old.  He has a sweet, toothless smile that gets me every time he grins.  It's short-lived, but I love seeing it.  Bennett is our rule-follower.  He's my sensitive, pleaser eager to help.  He loves school and hops out of bed every morning ready to go and learn.  I love watching him play and listen to the dialogue that goes along with whatever scenario he's created.  Bennett can dominate on the soccer field and his competitiveness is something passed down from his momma.  His daddy is competitive too, but he's more diplomatic about it.  I'm a terrible soccer mom....but don't mistake that for an apology. :)  The joy Bennett brings to our home is beyond what I'm capable of sharing with words.  I love that he loves to be apart of things.  He wants to be in the middle of the action, not watching on the sidelines.  He's already told us he wants to be a doctor and work with cancer patients.  Big dreams for our little boy.  Bennett, we can't wait to experience this next year with you.  May the Lord bless you and continue to guide your heart.  We love you, sweet boy!  



No comments:

Post a Comment