Keepin' Up With the Tidwells

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tis the Season....

It's only fitting that this is the season for birthdays, right?  I try to tell the boys how special they should feel getting to celebrate their birthdays so closely to THE birthday of all birthdays, our Jesus!  We had big Beau's last week, a combined party for the boys this past weekend, we'll celebrate Bennett's at school this week, then at home on his actual birthday.  AND THEN, we'll celebrate Jesus' birthday.  And I love birthdays.  Everyone's, not just mine.  I want it to be the best one yet...every time.  So, needless to say, I was thrilled the party went well and the boys were both smiling at the end of the day.  I was exhausted, but considering this was the lowest maintenance party I have ever organized, we can chop my exhaustion up to the sheer panic I create in my constant pursuit of perfection (even regarding a 5 and 7 year old joint birthday party).  I'm sure they have medication for people like myself, but I'm convinced I can just sweat it out at the gym or pray it off.  I'm a work in progress.  In the midst of this chaos I like to call my life, I get little gems along the way.  They're actually rather large gems I hold so close to my heart since I fear they are coming and going way too fast for me.  Bennett left the sweetest little note out yesterday and I immediately knew that I will look at in the years to come and remember my precious almost 7 year old with his two front teeth missing and want nothing more than to be standing in a messy kitchen with legos on the ground knowing he's sound asleep, happy and healthy, in the room next to me.  Blessed, I am.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment