Keepin' Up With the Tidwells

Friday, December 28, 2012

Merry Christmas 2012






We had a wonderful Christmas!  The boys were excited about all of it which makes it that much more fun.  They loved reading the Advent calendar and learning exactly what happened the night Jesus was born.  I'm proud that they have taken to the real meaning of why we celebrate.  They're still kids though and a huge part of why Christmas is so exciting to them is coming down the stairs Christmas morning to see what treats Santa has left.  I think they'd both agree that Santa was generous to them this year.  The only real request from the boys was a "gator" like Cousin Trey has.  Well, they don't deliver gators to Okinawa like that and believe me, Santa searched high and low.  BUT Santa mentioned that since he couldn't swing a gator, he might be able to pull off a dune buggy and the look on the boys' faces when they saw it was priceless.  They were showered with gifts from back home and I hope they realize just how blessed they are to have all this fun stuff.  After we opened gifts and had our Christmas breakfast, we cooked and took food up to Camp Hansen to serve the single Marines.  As a mom, it's so humbling and a little heartbreaking to see these guys alone on the biggest holiday of the year.  Most of them were in good spirits and all were super grateful to have a homecooked meal, but I wanted to hug each and every one of them on behalf of their mother back home.  I have to mention that the weather on Christmas day here could not have been more beautiful.  It was in the mid 70s with lots of sunshine.  We left Hansen and went onto have Christmas dinner with our dear friends, The Fergusons.  By the end of the day, Fletcher and I were beyond exhausted.  I don't know how Santa does it.  I was in bed by 8:00 pm and I'm still recovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment