Keepin' Up With the Tidwells

Saturday, December 15, 2012

December - The Bday Month










December is our birthday month.  It's Beau's, then comes Bennett, and then of course, Jesus!  We love it and we celebrate all month long.  The boys both wanted a pirate party this year, so when I said we can't have two of the same party back-to-back, Bennett had a brilliant idea to do it together.  There might have been some strategy on my part in letting them think they came up with the idea, but I was really hoping that's how it would go down.  My type A personality usually has me running in circles when I'm planning something trying to coordinate everything from when the sun goes down to when it's coming back up again.  It's a sickness really and I was born with it.  (ask my mom for confirmation)  "We" got organized and planned it out with the only thing left to worry about being the weather.  We were blessed with a beautiful beach day with sunshine and temps in the high 70s.  The boys had a blast running around in their pirate costumes.  They gave their guests pirate hats, eye patches, and spy glasses to use on their treasure hunt.  Fletcher put together a great treasure hunt with clues all over the beach that sent the kids running from spot to spot looking for the next clue to find their treasure box goodie bags.  The best part of it all was that the kids were happy, the grownups were visiting, and overall it was pretty simple.  After waking up to such terrible news from the school shooting in Connecticut, I couldn't help but feel extra lucky to get to watch my babies run around and enjoy their day.  We celebrate these boys today and everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment