Keepin' Up With the Tidwells

Friday, August 16, 2013

North Texas

There is a special place in my heart for North Texas.  That's my home.  That's where a lot of my family live and where most of my friends still reside.  I just love it.  I don't get to go back as often as I would like, but I do just love it.  There's nothing like going home and sleeping in your old bed.  I could hibernate there for sure (and I think I may have through high school).  We left Seattle and flew into DFW after missing our flight.  Literally missed our flight while sitting RIGHT in front of the gate.  Does that really happen?  I can confidently say it does.  We'll blame it on still being jet-lagged, but it may have something to do with our children again wrestling in the airport.  That can be distracting. :)  Texas was fab.....as Roxie would say.  Swimming, snow cones, working in the garden, and playing in the tree house filled our days.  We hung with family, had dinner with friends, and got to spend some great time just sitting on the deck with a cocktail in hand.  Unfortunately, I think I had too many cocktails in hand and not my camera enough.  I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked, but the memories are there.  I <3 Texas!









No comments:

Post a Comment