Keepin' Up With the Tidwells

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

And They're Off!

And just like that, summer is gone!  We LOVE summerime!  As schedule-oriented as I am, I can totally embrace that "non-scheduling" that comes with summer.  And we really embrace it!  I should be embarrassed to admit, but in the summer, we sleep in, eat late breakfasts which leads to snacking through lunch, and then by dinner....well, we just tend to wing it.  We swim until we're bored, go home for a break, and then maybe swim again.  When we're over the pool, we hit the beach...and repeat all summer.  We play baseball through June, take July off, and start back in August.  We watch too much TV, play too many games on the IPad, totally adopt ice cream as a food group.  We just love every minute of feeling footloose and fancy free.  We enjoy it so much that when it comes time for school to start back up, we're actually a little ready for it.  We feel like we sowed our wild oats. :)

The boys started back to school this Monday.  They were pumped!  Both hopped out of bed ready to take on the world.....or at least 1st and 3rd grades.  I walked them in savoring the fact that they both still hold my hand, kissed their sweet little cheeks, and prayed the whole way home.  I couldn't wait to here how their day went and I was thrilled to hear on a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 12.  The best answer I could have gotten.  The boys are excited about their teachers and we're praying for a happy and healthy school year.


No comments:

Post a Comment