Keepin' Up With the Tidwells

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Kindergarten Flower Arrangement Demo

We have lots of demonstrations at the boys' school and this week it was making flower arrangements.  Bennett's class has a weekly etiquette lesson and each week they focus on something new like restaurant manners, how to properly clean (which I'm thrilled about), Japanese Tea Ceremony, and now flower arranging.  They work on it in class and when they are ready, the parents are invited in to watch what they've mastered.  I have to say I was intriqued by the finished products of a bunch of kindergarteners. You'll see in the pictures how level of focus in getting every flower in just the right spot.  I had to giggle a few times, but I'm hoping these skills pay off next weekend....since it is Mother's Day.  And I wish I had videoed, but before they begin a session with a new teacher the whole class stands up and welcomes her in Japanese, they bow, and then sit down.  Everytime I go to watch, I kick myself for not having my phone out ready to video.  I think it's the sweetest display of showing the teachers respect and appreciation.






No comments:

Post a Comment